Skip to main content

What is Subconscious Suffering?

Subconscious suffering is unnecessary. We suffer subconsciously because we hold on to shit from the past. Subconscious suffering breeds unnecessary fear, doubt, worry and anxiety. When we think about it, we are suffering internally and it has to do with incidents that happened in the past. That is to include shit that may have happened 24 hours ago.

Subconscious suffering drives us to utilize unhealthy coping mechanisms. Just think about it. When you are suffering how do you cope? For me, I usually like to eat. A LOT. When did I develop this coping mechanism? Why did I develop this coping mechanism? Who did I see using food as a coping mechanism which lead me to do the same? I asked all of those questions and yet, none of the answers matter. We are always looking for answers but why? Why is it necessary to find answers to such questions? Is it necessary? If we are prone to living in the past then we will search years and years for the answers to similar questions. But when we are living in the present moment we might ask some questions and then immediately let them go because we have come to the realization that all of it is of the past.

At this point we have surrendered our subconscious minds to the Divine Consciousness, which keeps us present and aware of what is right now. Thus, we are no longer suffering subconsciously.

The shit that I experienced in the past I mostly suffered through it alone. Molested at a very young age by young adult woman that I didn’t even know. I told no one. The first time I told someone was when I relived the incident around age 20. I finally told my mom. What lead me to reliving it? I asked a simple question. I said “why do I wet the bed?” Something I had done for a long time and one night the entire incident came rushing back to me and I had probably the worst breakdown I had ever had. But what happened? I forgave that person and I let the incident go. By asking the above question I created the space for myself to release myself from the subconscious suffering that was taking place and I never wet the bed again. I stopped suffering. Did I need to see what happened to me in order for the subconscious suffering to end? Not necessarily but because I had blocked it out my Spirit thought it necessary in order for me to heal properly.

Right now, in the same moment that I am writing this I find myself sitting in the dark something that I was always afraid to do because of the above incident. I had to have nightlights and hall lights on because I was so afraid. And here I am today choosing to surrender to the darkness because once I release any subconscious suffering the darkness no longer has to be feared. It was only feared because of my interpretation of what happened in the past. I let go of the past. I realize that what happened in the past isn’t happening to me now and I can step into the unknown places trusting that I am safe and secure because I AM residing in Divine Consciousness rather than the subconscious mind.

I wish I could get into every incident that took place which lead to some internal suffering. I probably could if I decided to wrote a book but why? Why continue to discuss and talk about something that is no longer happening to you? Growing up in church I would always here “share your story” or “share your testimony” but as I have come to where I AM now which is residing in Divine Consciousness I have realized that sharing my story is unnecessary unless I am sharing to show someone that they put an end to their subconscious suffering.

Many times I hear “my past defines me” but NO the past does not define who you are. The past may have led you to the point that you’re at now but it does not define you and here is why. If the past defines you than that would mean that you lack any type of evolution, growth or elevation. When you perpetuate stories from the past, you perpetuate feelings and emotions from the past as well. When you keep talking about that man that god saved you from do you find yourself feeling those feelings of resentment or disgust once again? Do you find yourself crying tears of sadness because of all the “time wasted”? Do you find yourself wishing that you could get that time back after sharing your story? This is what god saved me from. But are you really saved?

I ask this question all the time since coming out of christianity “why are children being baptized? Why are we telling children that they need to be saved? What is it that they need to be saved from?” Their sins. Okay, what sins? What wrong has a child done that would justify them needing to be saved? Answer: we are all born sinners? Says who? The bible? Immediately we have put individuals in a place of subconscious suffering because they begin to hear and believe from a very young age that something is wrong with them. That their souls are corrupted and the only way it can be saved is if they give their lives to some Christ.

Every moment that we experienced in the past was just a gateway that opened up for us to walk through and end up where we are right now. All of those moments and the moments we have now, fleeting. They happen in an instant and then they are gone. They no longer exist. We can let them go. We stay in a state of “sin” not because we are sinners but because we are refusing to let go of the past. In the same instant that we decide to let go, we become sin free. When someone came to Jesus for healing immediately THEIR faith had made them whole. All we have to do is make the decision to let go and IMMEDIATELY the past exist no more. We are free from any restraints that were put on us from the past.

Different beliefs and opinions of this world have caused us to suffer subconsciously. We have accepted what others have told us as true and when it doesn’t align with the truth of who we are, then we begin to suffer? Why is that? Because we are attempting to live our lives according to the rules and standards of the people around us instead of our own. This breeds suffering. Silencing the truth of who we are only breeds more suffering. Silencing our own voices to uphold the voices of others only breeds more suffering.

In order to end subconscious suffering we have to let go of the past. We have to let go of the rules and standards that we have accepted over our own. We have to be present and live in the now. What we are suffering from is a product of the past. Some people say “I can never let go” and that is the reality they continue to perpetuate for themselves. Suffering because they can “never” let go. Attachment to what was will only keep us in a state of suffering. Detaching ourselves from the past opens up the floodgates and pours out so many new and exciting blessings into our lives.

We will no longer make the mistake of creating the present moment and future moments based off our interpretations of the past.

Comments